VIA METRO.CO.UK – Spare a thought for this German man, whose house move went from bad to worse after a mattress he was trying to inflate violently blew up – landing him with a six-figure repair bill.
The 41-year-old, who has not been named, was thrown across the room as the explosion blew out all the doors and windows of the building.
Having moved to a new town, the man had hardly any furniture so bought an inflatable mattress to sleep on temporarily.
After realising that the mattress was punctured, he used an industrial strength puncture repair spray and tyre sealant.
Unbeknownst to him, however, the product caused a violent reaction when heated by the built-in motor pump.
The explosion chucked him across the room, blasted out windows and ripped doors from their hinges, causing €150,000 (£130,000) worth of damage – in a property that’s not his.
The unlucky man had to be taken to hospital and was treated for minor cuts and an injured wrist, according to Bild newspaper.
The house, located in the town of Diepholz in Lower Saxony, only had shards of glass left in the window frames, while tiles from the roof were scattered on the floor and curtains were ripped from their poles.
Things could now get even worse for the man, after unsympathetic prosecutors said they were considering taking legal action against him.
What do you guys think about this? Let us know in the comments below.